Monday, December 27, 2010

That is right, I’M BACK!!!!!


So as plans came together for a wildlife photography outing I became very excited to get back to it. I charged the camera battery, cleaned my lenses and packed my camera bag. One restless sleep later and a few friends and I hit the road in hopes of seeing something wild and wow we ended up being very successful. We had no real location in mind other than a general destination of Hamilton. Once there we checked out most of the areas that had open water and they were very rich with waterfowl. Of course there was a lot of mallards and Canada geese but within their flocks we had wonderful views of common golden eyes, two different types of mergansers, buffleheads, tons of american coots, pintails, northern shovelers a few cormorants, a white winged scoter and two snow geese. I have never seen a snow goose before so that was very exciting. It was totally worth the drive. Four more days and I should be out and about again and I can’t wait.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! Nice geese shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dwayne. The geese shots are a heavy crop but I didn't want to distrub them and there wasn't a good way to approach.

    ReplyDelete