Monday, June 28, 2010

Going to see my photo on display in Montreal!!

So I left on Friday and made my way over to Montreal to take in the last part of my prize for winning a photo contest. It is my photo being on display at the Biosphere for one year as part of a biodiversity theme. So on Saturday morning I woke up, got ready, grabbed some breakfast and took the metro to the Biosphere.

The moment I got off the Metro I started to feel very excited and anxious. As I walked outside and started to make my way to the Biosphere I caught a glimpse of my photo on display. It was much bigger than I expected. I stood there for a while with friends grinning from ear to ear and every now and then letting out a surprised little giggle. The whole photo was such luck but it has just given me so many happy feelings since. It is such a beautiful exhibition and I love the fact that it is outside too because I feel it fits very well into the theme. It was beautiful to see all those pictures lining the walkway as I headed towards the Biosphere. What an amazing experience.

The whole thing made me think of a time about a year and a half ago when I went to the Detroit zoo with some friends. They were also interested in wildlife photography and while we looked at some nature photos on display there we said "soon that will be our pictures on display". Funny how things come true. Honestly I never thought it would actually happen but as I stood there grinning like a crazy person I felt very proud to have succeeded. Even though the odds are against me I would love to experience something like that again. It was just wonderful!!!!

1 comment: